You can help reduce emissions and lower your carbon footprint when you drive with EcoSave, from Drivers Domain UK.
What is EcoSave?
EcoSave is a 3.5hr or 7hr on-road eco driving course, which is designed to help motorists, who want to lower their emissions when they drive. The way you drive has a huge impact on how much fuel you use, and ultimately how you contribute to pollution and ultimately climate change. Eco driver training helps you save money and the environment.
There is lots of advice on how to become greener and reduce your pollution in many areas of life, but very little when it comes to learning to drive in a greener, more environmentally friendly way. Just because you don’t drive an electric car doesn’t mean you don’t want to lower your transportation carbon footprint.
What EcoSave Eco Driver Training covers:
EcoSave comprises of two key elements:
Element 1 – Looks at things you can do, to ensure your vehicle is as economical and efficient as it can be. We look at your tyre pressures, how often you get your vehicle serviced, if you’re carrying any unnecessary weight in your vehicle, and any other things, which can be impacting on your fuel usage rate.
These things may be overlooked by many people, but by making sure your vehicle is well serviced, have correctly inflated tyres, and is not carrying any unnecessary weight can help improve fuel economy by up to 10% or more.
Element 2 – We provide bespoke on-road training. This element, which makes up the vast proportion of the course, is designed to help you become much more fuel efficient in your approach to driving. During this element, we place focus on:
- Forward planning and observation – By seeing hazards much earlier, you will be able to plan accordingly. Sudden and unplanning braking and acceleration will increase your fuel consumption, not to mention causing increased wear and tear on your vehicle.
Furthermore, taking this proactive approach by planning and observing more effectively will make you safer too. Forward planning and observation underpins advanced driving, and is looked at in careful detail with you, on a number of roads and different situations. Feedback during the course is vital and forms a key part of the training.
- Speed awareness – Being aware of your speed and speed limits (and sticking to them) will not only make you safer, and help avoid points on your licence, it will also make you a more fuel efficient driver. Just by lowering your speed a little can have a significant impact on your fuel economy, especially at motorway speeds.
- Use of controls – Skilful use of your vehicle controls, such as accelerator, use of brakes and gears will reduce wear and tear on your vehicle, and like with the points above, will help you improve your fuel economy.
The training, which takes place in your own vehicle will cover a wide range of roads including:
- Dual carriageways
- Rural roads
- Urban routes
If possible we will measure you MPG (Miles Per Gallon) at the start of the session, and then again at the end, so you can see by implementing various techniques you can save fuel. Typically we see improvements of around 20% . If everyone managed this in the UK, that could potentially save around 9 billion litres a year in fuel.
All training is delivered by DVSA (Driver & Vehicle Standards Agency) registered advanced driving instructors, who specialise in delivering driver training for full licence holders.
If you wanted to know more about this course with regards availability, do please contact us, and a member of our team will be delighted to help you and answer any questions you may have. We have full UK coverage and come to you for the training.
* Learn how to prepare your vehicle for optimum economy
* Identify and eliminate habits, which will could be impacting on you fuel economy
* Become more skilful in all areas of driving
* Take control and demonstrate your commitment to lowering your carbon footprint
Prices – £250 + VAT (£300.00 for 3.5hr) and £350 + vat (£420.00) for a 7hr.