We provide a range of bespoke driving courses for corporate clients across the UK.
Driver Training We Offer:
1. General Training – For anyone in your company who may need or want advanced/defensive driver training. Any age or experience.
2 New Drivers to the Company – Often companies prefer a new driver to take an advanced/defensive driving course as part of their induction.
3. Young Drivers – Many fleet insurers require a young driver to take an advanced/defensive driving course before driving company vehicles.
4. High Incident Rate – If a driver is having a high incident rate, they often have to take an advanced/defensive driving course, often as part of their disciplinary.
5. New Vehicle Training – We do offer a bespoke vehicle familiarisation course if you have a driver, who needs help settling into their new car or van. More Info
Book A Course Online:
1. Training is £250 + VAT for a driver for a single 3.5hr session and £350 + VAT for a 2 x 3.5hr session on the same day (£175 a driver). A single 7hr session, with 2 x 30 min rest breaks is £350 + vat.
2. Full UK coverage
3. Training starts and ends at your office or offices
4. All tutors are DVSA (Driver & Vehicle Standards Agency) Registered
5. We measure a driver in 25 key areas of driving on our reporting sheets, and rate them either Excellent, Very Good, Good, Adequate or Poor. We do this at the start of training, and at the end, so you can measure their progress and overall skill level as a driver.
Benefits of Our Advanced/Defensive Driver Training:
1. Increase the level of driver safety in your fleet
2. Demonstrate your Duty of Care
3. Help a driver who may be having significant issues with their driving
4. Improve the reputation of your business, especially if you have company branded vehicles
5. If you are looking to train 1 to 4 drivers, you can do this online via our booking system. We are the only UK driver training company that offers this facility, where you can also reserve ideal training dates.
How a Course Runs:
All our courses are road-based, and take place in a drivers own car/van. The course is bespoke and based on the needs of the driver, although follows a set format, which covers:
1. An Initial Drive – This allows our tutors to assess the drivers level of experience and skill after the initial introductions and vehicle safety checks. We ask a driver to drive the way they normally do with no input from the tutor, for around 20 minutes.
We then mark them in 25 areas of driving, either Excellent, Very Good, Good, Adequate or Poor. This forms an excellent basis to build on the session, as both the driver and tutor can see the areas, which need the most development. This helps create a truly bespoke training session.
2. Coaching – Based on the initial drive, the coaching will be designed around the needs and requirements of the driver, in an interactive and enjoyable way. We will be driving on a range of roads including urban driving, out of town (rural) driving, and motorway/dual carriageways. During this session, there will be a chance for two-way feedback, along with opportunities to recap what has been covered.
3. Debrief – At the end of the course there will be a two way debrief, where the tutor will provide feedback on the session, and where feedback from the driver is also encouraged. The tutor will again mark the driver on the 25 driving areas, which were looked at on the initial drive, making it very easy to see how the driver has improved, to what extent, and in what areas.
We provide a risk assessment for each driver at the end, which will be High, Medium or Low risk. A pdf report will be sent to you around 3 days after each training session.
We cover a wide range of elements with our courses, which includes:
1. Forward planning, observation and anticipation
2. Car control
3. Dealing with adverse weather
4. Speed awareness
5. The Limit Point (Advanced)
6. The System of Car Control (Advanced)
7. Dealing with Road Rage
8. Rules of the Road
9. Creating a positive driving attitude
10. Skid control and much more…..
Take a look at just a few tips and teaching points, covered on our courses by our own tutors – more info
Request More Info & A Quote:
To request more information such as a report example, and our eBrochure, please complete the contact form at the upper right of this page.
A member of our team will email you with this information usually within 1 hour during working hours.
Book A Course Online:
You are able to book up to 4 drivers on a course online, select ideal dates, and pay, or request an invoice. Please visit www.advanced-driving.co.uk/book/