It’s an exciting time when you have a new vehicle, whether it’s your own vehicle or a company vehicle you’re driving. However, it can also be nerve-racking if the vehicle is new to you. This is why we offer a bespoke vehicle familiarisation training course for car and van drivers. This course is designed to help build skill and confidence in your new vehicle – whatever if maybe.
Our vehicle familiarisation driving course is ideal for drivers that:
1. are driving a much larger vehicle than they’re used to (i.e a van)
2. have limited driving experience (newly qualified) and are moving to a new car or van
3. lack confidence in driving and would benefit from this training
4. have moved to the UK and need help settling into a new vehicle and driving a RHD car/van on the left side of the road
Vehicle Familiarisation Training – Course Key Facts
1. Training is £250 + VAT per driver for a 3.5hr session and £370 + VAT for a 7hr session.
2. Full UK coverage
3. Familiarisation training starts and ends at your office or offices
4. All tutors are DVSA (Driver & Vehicle Standards Agency) Registered
5. All training takes place in your own vehicle
We work with businesses of all sizes and sectors, which range from the NHS, well know supermarkets and high street brands, to smaller B2B and B2C companies.
1. An introduction and review of your specific vehicle
2. Car vs Van (if this is for a new van driver)
3. A discussion about your driving experience to date
4. Looking at and addressing any specific issues that you may be worried about
5. Forward planning and observation in your new vehicle
6. Manoeuvres, reversing and mirror use (essential if moving to a van)
7. Safe vehicle positioning on-road and at junctions
8. Confident use of controls
9. Transmission introduction – if moving from a manual to automatic
10. How to increase your confidence when driving an unfamiliar vehicle
11. Understanding vehicle specific technology (i.e Cruise Control, Sat Nav, Infotainment)
12. Identification and removal of any at-risk habits, which may be impacting on driving your new vehicle
13. Introduction to advanced and defensive skills, which will not only help you settle into your new vehicle, it will give you transferable skills for all vehicles you drive.
After the training, you will receive a full driving report, which will outline the driving standard both before and after the training. We measure a driver in 25 key areas and score them either excellent, very good, good, adequate or poor. We do this at the start and the end, so you can see the improvement and in what areas. There will also be notes from the tutor too.
This report (and course) will be completed by a professional DVSA (Driver & Vehicle Standards Agency) registered advanced driving instructor. The tutors DVSA registration number will be recorded on this report.
Get in Touch:
Please call or email us for more information about this bespoke driving course.