We offer bespoke motorhome driver training for those who want to gain confidence when heading out on their driving adventures.
A motorhome is a wonderful way to holiday and get out and see the world. However, compared to a car, they are enormous! Unless you have experience in driving a larger vehicle getting behind the wheel of a motorhome can be daunting even for the most confident of drivers.
This is why we have created a bespoke motorhome driving course designed to help you enjoy driving your motorhome.
Our motorhome driver training is perfect for:
1. Those that have recently bought a motorhome, campervan/converted van or similar and are worried about driving it.
2. Those that already drive a motorhome but need a refresher, especially if they have not driven for a long while or are advancing in years.
3. Those that already drive a motorhome but have a friend or family member who, for the first time, will also be driving their motorhome and so needs help with becoming safe and confident when driving.
During motorhome driver training, we cover a wide range of things, including:
* Forward planning and observation – critical to avoid getting into easily avoidable situations
* Reversing and manoeuvres – essential with larger motorhomes
* The differences to be aware of in a car vs motorhome
* Motorhome mirror use and the importance of using them
* How loads impact the handling and braking of a motorhome
* Vehicle control (gears, steering, foot controls, signals)
* Rules of the road
* Dealing with road rage
* The system of car control
* Learning and applying the limit point – ideal for driving a motorhome on rural roads you don’t know
* Town and urban defensive driving
* Driving in heavy traffic and allowing adequate space
* Skid control theory and learning what causes skids
* Eco-safe driving (effective use of speed and saving fuel)
* Anticipation – Learning to see and not just look
* Understanding other road users and their intentions
* Driving on motorways, dual carriageways, rural roads and urban roads
All training takes place in your own motorhome.
Our motorhome driver training is very similar to our van driver training. The key difference is mainly motorhome clients have very little or no driving experience in large vehicles. So we can cater for the most nervous drivers and provide a course which goes at your pace – no matter your experience or levels of fear!
All training is delivered by expert DVSA (Driver & Vehicle Standards Agency) registered advanced driving instructors who have significant experience in providing training for full licence holders. As a business, we have trained thousands of private and business drivers all over the UK.
The elements you learn on our motorhome driving course are also transferable to your car driving – it’s a great opportunity to have a refresher on how you drive and to identify and work on any at-risk habits you may have.
Full UK Coverage:
We have full UK coverage and will come to you for the training, which takes place in your own motorhome. We have over 200 tutors, who are all highly experienced driver trainers. If needed, we can meet you at a motorhome dealership if you’re picking up a new vehicle and need help right away.
Sometimes clients would like to focus on very specific points, such as reversing their motorhome into a space on their drive or storage location or how to deal with driving on rural roads, or a set route they are fearful about. Due to the bespoke nature of our courses, we can do this.
A 3.5hr session is £300, which includes VAT. A full day is 7hr and is £444. If you prefer to spread your courses over a longer period, we also offer:
2 x 3.5hr sessions for £495.00 (£412.50 + vat)
3 x 3.5hr sessions for £695.00 (£579.17 + vat)
4 x 3.5hr sessions for £850.00 (£708.33 + vat)
5 x 3.5hr sessions for £990.00 (£825 + vat)
12 Months Concierge – When you take a course with us, you also enjoy 1-year free membership with our Drivers Concierge service, providing a personalised, one-to-one helping hand for a range of motoring and driving assistance that you may need. Talk to us for more info on this unique service.
After the training, you will receive a full driving report, which will outline your driving both before and after the session/s. We help a driver in 25 key areas and score you either excellent, very good, good, adequate or poor. We do this at the start and the end, so you can see the improvement and in what areas. There will also be notes from the tutor too.
This report will be proof you have received professional driver training from a DVSA-registered advanced driving instructor. The tutors DVSA registration number will be recorded on this report.
Driving a motorhome should be fun and enjoyable. With our courses, you will be helping make sure there are no nasty surprises to faze you.
Please contact us for more information.