Being involved in a road traffic collision (RTC) can have devastating results. It’s often only when a collision had occurred that someones driving comes into focus.
We offer bespoke post collision driving courses for drivers that have been involved in either an at-fault or non-fault road traffic collision. We help both business and private clients.
Our post collision driving courses are ideal for companies that:
1. Have a policy in place to offer training for all employees after a collision
2. Want to ensure the wellbeing and safety of an employee when they return to driving
3. Want to take a proactive approach to a driver who has had a collision, and to ensure their driving is assessed for any “at-risk” factors, which could be putting them at a greater risk of a (possibly similar) collision in the future.
Our post collision driving courses, from a drivers perspective, are ideal if:
1. The driver has lost confidence as a result of their collision
2. They feel discussing their collision with a professional and receiving bespoke one-to-one training will help them
3, They have developed a negative attitude as a result, showing a resistance to learn from collision
Post Collision Driving Course Content:
All our post collision driving courses are designed around the driver. Some may just need an assessment after a minor collision, others may have serious anxiety, or PTSD related symptoms after a serious RTC. Whatever the driver, whatever the situation, we have a team of highly skilled and sympathetic DVSA (Driver & Vehicle Standards Agency) registered fleet/advanced driving instructors, who can help. This is some of the things we cover:
* Discussion about the drivers RTC if appropriate
* Working with the driver to help create a plan of action of the course, based on their unique needs
* Discuss and address the specific things that they find most anger/anxiety provoking
* How to quickly develop their driving confidence for all types of roads
* Speed awareness
* Developing a positive attitude towards safer driving
* How to become a safer driver on all roads
* Car control (gears, steering, foot controls, signals)
* Reversing and manoeuvres
* Discussing and overcoming negative opinions
* Driving in heavy traffic and motorways
* Eco-safe driving (effective use of speed, gears, planning)
* Anticipation – Learning to see and not just look
* Understanding other road users and their intentions
Some of the elements will be covered, other won’t be – it depends on the individual we are training. We never just offer an “off-the-peg” solution.
We offer a number of courses:
1 x 3.5hr – £220 + vat
1 x 7hr – £320 + vat
2 x 3.5hr – £350 + vat
3 x 3.5hr – £480 + vat
4 x 3.5hr – £600 + vat
5 x 3.5hr – £708 + vat
After the training you will receive a full driving report, which will outline the driving standard both before and after the training. We measure a driver in 20+ key areas and score them either excellent, very good, good, adequate or poor. We do this at the start and the end, so you can see the improvement and in what areas. There will also be notes from the tutor too.
This report (and course) will be completed by a professional DVSA (Driver & Vehicle Standards Agency) registered advanced driving instructor. The tutors DVSA registration number will be recorded on this report. Please contact us for more information and a member of our team will be pleased to help.