Being involved in a road traffic collision (RTC) can have devastating results. We are here for clients who experience significant anxiety as a result of a collision. This anxiety and fear may be present right after the collision or sometimes many years after.
We offer bespoke post-collision driving courses for drivers that have been involved in either an at-fault or non-fault road traffic collision. We help both business and private clients.
Business Clients – Our post-collision driving courses are ideal for companies that:
1. Have a policy in place to offer training for all employees after a collision
2. Want to ensure the wellbeing and safety of an employee when they return to driving
3. Want to take a proactive approach to a driver who has had a collision, and to ensure their driving is assessed for any “at-risk” factors, which could be putting them at a greater risk of a (possibly similar) collision in the future.
Private Customers – Our post-collision driving courses, from a drivers perspective, are ideal if:
1. They have lost confidence as a result of their collision
2. They feel discussing their collision with a professional and receiving bespoke one-to-one training will help them
3. They have developed a negative attitude, as a result, showing a resistance to learn from collision
4. They have developed a phobia or fear of driving, such as scared of motorways, rural roads – or any driving situation, where their collision took place.
Post Collision Driving Course Content:
All our post-collision driving courses are designed around the driver. Some may just need an assessment after a minor collision, others may have serious anxiety or PTSD related symptoms after a serious RTC. Whatever the driver, whatever the situation, we have a team of skilled and sympathetic DVSA (Driver & Vehicle Standards Agency) registered fleet/advanced driving instructors, who can help. These are some of the things we cover:
* Discussion about the drivers RTC if appropriate
* Working with the driver to help create a plan of action of the course, based on their unique needs
* Discuss and address the specific things that they find most anger/anxiety-provoking
* How to quickly develop their driving confidence for all types of roads
* Speed awareness
* Developing a positive attitude towards safer driving
* How to become a safer driver on all roads
* Car control (gears, steering, foot controls, signals)
* Reversing and manoeuvres
* Discussing and overcoming negative opinions
* Driving in heavy traffic and motorways
* Eco-safe driving (effective use of speed, gears, planning)
* Anticipation – Learning to see and not just look
* Understanding other road users and their intentions
Some of the elements will be covered, others won’t be – it depends on the individual we are training. We never just offer an “off-the-peg” solution.
Its not just driving: On the day of the course, you will meet your tutor for a further informal, non-judgemental chat before the driving starts. We have a carefully set of questions we ask at the start, designed to get a better understanding of you and how best we can help. We ask insightful questions such as:
- How you rate your driving
- What are your main fears and concerns
- What you want to achieve from the training
- What has motivated you to do this training
- What sort of driver you would love to become
The things you discuss here will form the pathway to improved driving confidence, which will be referred back to during your training with us.
We offer a number of courses:
1 x 3.5hr – £250 + vat (£300)
1 x 7hr – £360 + vat (£432) – includes 2 x 30 minute rest breaks
2 x 3.5hr – £400 + vat (£480)
3 x 3.5hr – £558.33 + vat (£670)
4 x 3.5hr – £666.37 + vat (£800)
5 x 3.5hr – £766.67 + vat (£920)
Enjoy 12 Months FREE Concierge Service – When you take a course with us, you also enjoy a 1-year free membership with our Drivers Concierge service, providing a personalised, one-to-one helping hand for a range of motoring and driving assistance that you may need.
After the training, you will receive a full driving report, which will outline the driving standard both before and after the training. We measure a driver in 20+ key areas and score them either excellent, very good, good, adequate or poor. We do this at the start and the end, so you can see the improvement and in what areas. There will also be notes from the tutor too.
This report (and course) will be completed by a professional DVSA (Driver & Vehicle Standards Agency) registered advanced driving instructor. The tutors DVSA registration number will be recorded on this report. Please contact us for more information and a member of our team will be pleased to help.
You are able to book this course at www.advanced-driving.co.uk/book/