We offer a range of bespoke driving courses for both business and private clients, including those that driver electric vehicles (EV) and hybrids.
Electric (EV) vehicles are still relatively new in the UK. While they are not difficult to drive, there is significant differences when compared to driving a regular car, which runs on diesel or petrol.
Our EV driving course is designed to help bridge the gap between internal combustion engine (ICE) vehicles, and electric vehicles, so you can be confident you are getting the most from your new vehicle. This course focuses on EV but also introduces and develops various advanced and defensive driving techniques too. An understanding of EV and various advanced and defensive driving techniques is the perfect combination to help you or your drivers.
Our bespoke EV driving course is designed for customers that:
- Have an electric vehicle, and want to get up to speed and develop the skill and confidence needed to get the most from their new EV, and also learn advanced and defensive driving techniques at the same time.
- Are a business, and want their fleet to be trained to use their electric vehicles.
- Are a business and need just one or two drivers to be trained using their new EV.
The perfect combination – With our EV courses, we combine creating an understanding of driving electric, with the added benefit of developing advanced and defensive driving techniques, to make you a safer more skilful driver.
EV Driving Course Key Elements:
- Key differences between EV and ICE (Internal combustion engines)
- Differences in performance and power delivery compared to ICE (Internal combustion engines)
- Performance characteristics of your specific EV
- How to maximise battery range
- Charging your EV
- Pedestrian and cycle awareness (dealing with near-silent lower speeds)
- Speed awareness in your EV
- Forward planning and observation
- Vehicle stability and control
- Acceleration sense and throttle use in EVs
- Understanding auxiliary controls
- Learning safer driving on rural and urban roads, and also motorways
- Learning how to perform manoeuvres at low speed in your EV
- Identify and removing bad habits, which could be impacting on your overall level of safety.
How a Course Runs:
All our courses are road-based, and take place in a drivers own car/van. The course is bespoke and based on the needs of the driver, although follows a set format, which covers:
1. An Initial Drive/EV Into – This allows our tutors to assess the drivers level of experience and skill after the initial introductions and vehicle safety checks. We ask a driver drive the way they normally do with no input from the tutor, for around 20 minutes. If they are totally new to EV, and would like an introduction to the car and basic functions then there will be time set aside for this.
At the end of the initial drive we then mark them in 25 areas of driving, either Excellent, Very Good, Good, Adequate or Poor. This forms an excellent basis to build on the session, as both the driver and tutor can see the areas, which need most development. This helps create a truly bespoke training session.
2. Coaching – Based on the initial drive, the coaching will be designed around the needs and requirements of the driver, in an interactive and enjoyable way. We will be driving on a range of roads including urban driving, out of town (rural) driving, and motorway/dual carriageways. During this session there will be the chance for two way feedback, along with opportunities to recap what has been covered. Many of the key points for EV training are covered here.
3. Debrief – At the end of the course there will be a two way debrief, where the tutor will provide feedback on the session, and where feedback from the driver is also encouraged. The tutor will again mark the driver on the 25 driving areas, which were looked at on the initial drive, making it very easy to see how the driver has improved, to what extent, and in what areas.
A full driving report will be sent within 3 days of the sessions.
- We come to you, anywhere in the UK
- All training is in your own EV
- All tutors are DVSA (Driver & Vehicle Standards Agency) registered advanced driving instructors
- The training is all road based
- You also benefit from advanced and defensive driver training during this course
- We can bespoke the course to your needs
3.5hr session is £230 + vat (£276.00)
7hr session is £340 + vat (£408.00) – this can be split by two drivers one AM one PM if you with, for extra cost savings