In the last 10 years, we have provided advanced and defensive driving courses to companies and private individuals in Staffordshire, including Stoke, Cheadle, Stafford, Cannock and Leek. Being a national driving course provider, we can provide training in any location in the UK. With training that is scheduled to start in Staffordshire, we have a wide range of roads to conduct the training.
The M6 runs through the county and a wide range of A-roads such as the A53 and A518 provides a varied experience for driver training. We often head west into Shropshire during a course, using the A518 or A53, or depending on your location, we can head south into the West Midlands, or even east into Derbyshire. The routes we take on an advanced driving course is designed to provide the very best learning experience for you.
Remember – Each driving course is totally bespoke to your own specific needs and requirements. This applies to both our business and private client courses.
Our courses are bespoke to the needs of the driver, and so with one course we may focus on motorway training, and with another, we may spend more time on rural road driving.
During rural road training, we place emphasis more on car control, and how to deal with varying road surfaces, corners, and (often) hazards like mud on the road, blind entrances and farm machinery.
During an advanced driving session we typically look at:
- Forward planning and observation
- Speed awareness
- Developing a positive attitude towards safer driving
- How to become a safer driver on all roads
- Car or van control (gears, steering, foot controls, signals)
- Rules of the road
- Dealing with road rage
- Reversing and manoeuvres
- Dealing with adverse weather
- Town and urban defensive driving
- Driving in heavy traffic and allowing adequate space
- Skid control theory and learning what causes skids
- Eco-safe driving (effective use of speed, gears, planning)
- Anticipation – Learning to see and not just look
- Understanding other road users and their intentions
Benefits of advanced driver training from a business perspective. If you are considering driver training for your fleet, there are a number of advantages:
- Reduce the collision rate among your drivers
- Save up to 20% on fuel costs
- Save on fleet insurance bills
- Show your employees you are dedicated to a safer working environment
- Allow your employees to enjoy a higher level of driver skill in works vehicles
Personal benefits of taking advanced and defensive driver training with us:
- Increase your levels of confidence
- Identify and remove any bad habits
- Look at issues that may be specific to you
- Increase your car control on all road types
- Reduce wear on your car
- Improve your MPG – get more miles from your tank
Please contact us for a quote, or to get more information on our courses and get a better understanding of how we can help you. You can contact us by email or phone. All email enquiries are replied to within 1hr during business hours. Ready to book? You can also book and pay for a course online at www.advanced-driving.co.uk/book