We offer bespoke delivery driver training courses for both business and private clients. Our delivery driver training courses are ideal for:
1. Companies that want to train from scratch a new employee to make them safer van drivers. Ideal if they lack van and delivery driving experience.
2. Private individuals that want to gain experience in driving a delivery van, which will help them stand out to potential employers. Having invested time and money in becoming a safer more professional delivery driver will always be seen in a good light, and is great for your CV too.
Please note – all training takes place in your own van or vans. If you don’t have access to a van we would suggest hiring a van.
During a delivery driver driving course we cover a wide range of things including:
* Forward planning
* Effective observation – Learning to see and not just look
* Reversing and parking/manoeuvres
* Advanced mirror use
* Handling and braking based on increased van weight
* Van control (gears, steering, foot controls, signals)
* Rules of the road – Review and identifying gaps
* Identifying and managing stress (Which impacts on driving)
* Dealing with possible road rage
* Learning and applying the limit point – a key part of safer driving
* Dealing with poor weather
* Town and town/city safer driving
* Driving in dense traffic and giving a safe space (parked cars/cyclists)
* Skid control – understanding what causes skids to occur
* Eco-safe driving (effective use of speed, gears, planning)
* Understanding other road users and their intentions
* Driving on motorways, dual carriageways, rural road and urban roads
The Stress and Strains of Being a Delivery Driver.
Being a delivery driver can be a stressful, very busy role, which requires you to not only concentrate on your driving, but to also quickly and effectively deliver items to customers. This is somewhat of a balancing act. It’s all too easy to get sidetracked by time pressures and delivery deadlines that safer driving often gets overlooked.
We understand this, and will provide you with tips to help manage your stress levels when behind the wheel. When you are less stressed you tend to take less risks, speed less, and generally become a much more effective, safe and responsible delivery van driver.
The cost for a half day is £230 + vat (3.5hr) and £340 + vat for a full day (7hr), which can be split between two delivery drivers if needed (£170 a driver). We have full UK coverage and can come to you for the training. All coaching takes place in your own van and the training is bespoke to the needs of the driver.
Full of half day?
A full day is ideal for delivery drivers having specific issues, while a half day is ideal if you are training a number of drivers back to back.
After the training you will receive a full driving report, which will outline the driving standard both before and after the training. We measure a delivery driver in 25 key areas and score them either excellent, very good, good, adequate or poor. We do this at the start and the end, so you can see the improvement and in what areas. There will also be notes from the tutor too.
This report will be proof the delivery driver has received expert driver training from a DVSA (Driver & Vehicle Standards Agency) registered advanced/fleet driving instructor. The tutors DVSA registration number will be recorded on this report.
Get in Touch:
If you want to become a safer delivery van driver, or have a team that want to become safer delivery drivers, then please contact us, we can provide a quote for you based on the numbers you are looking at training.