We offer a bespoke driver improvement course for company drivers and also private clients. There is a number of reasons why people invest in a driver improvement course, which include:
1. Those that have had a collision and see the incident as an opportunity to improve
2. A company had a van or car driver who is either driving too fast, has had a collision or has other issues which need addressing
3. For someone due in court for speeding (or similar) charges, including totting up and want to demonstrate their intention to become a safer driver. More info on this course here.
Our driver improvement course is based around the driver, and we have full UK and come to you for the training, which takes place in your own car or van. A driver improvement course is very similar to a defensive and advanced driving course – which we also offer.
The main difference is that with driver improvement courses, it is presumed that the driver taking the training has very specific issues to address, whereas an advanced driving course tends to be more common with companies and private clients that just want to mainly risk assess a driver and then provide general Roadcradft based driver training.
During a driver improvement course, we cover a range of things, including:
* A discussion about the specific reasons for the course
* What the driver would especially like to learn from the session
* How the driver currently views their driving ability and experience
* Dealing with any resistance (tutor-led)
* Improving observation
* Becoming more speed aware
* Safer cornering techniques
* Understanding vehicle handling dynamics and techniques
* Highway Code and Rules of the road
* Commentary driving to improve awareness
* Reversing and manoeuvres if needed
* Vehicle stability and control
* Motorway driving and techniques
* Town and urban defensive driving
* Eco-safe driving (effective use of speed, gears, and planning)
* Understanding other road users and how you can be more aware of them
* How to avoid getting caught up in other’s bad driving
After our driver improvement course, you (driver or organiser) will be emailed a detailed driving report which will assess the driving at the start of the session and also at the end so that you can see improvements and in what areas. There are lots of notes from the tutor and an overall risk from low to high, which is detailed in the four-page report.
Our course is not designed as an alternative to a driver improvement course which you may have been asked to go on as an alternative to points – do please be aware of this as there is a difference. This course we offer is a bespoke session from a private company designed for those that wish to have a private, independent assessment of their driving with bespoke coaching to lower their road risk.
A 3.5hr session is £250 + vat. A 7hr is £370 + vat. The full day is more suited for those which more ingrained issues or those with very little experience. A full day can be split between two drivers, which works out at £185 + vat.
Please contact us for more information, and a member of our team will be happy to help.