Cornwall is a popular location for our advanced driving courses. Roads in Cornwall are challenging, mainly because most of them are rural roads, which by their very nature tend to require greater driver skill. Sadly rural roads are more dangerous than main roads and motorways, this is mainly due to the often high speed of oncoming traffic, combined with twisty roads, and no separation between you and on-coming traffic. They are more likely to have unplanned hazards on too, such as mud on the road, black ice and broken road surfaces.
Our advanced driving courses help make you safer on these roads, by increasing your powers of forward planning and anticipation, along with improvements to your car control.
Remember – All our on-road driving courses are tailored to your exact requirements. For both business and private clients.
We have helped many private and business clients in Cornwall with training which ranges from corporate training sessions for business clients to motorhome and car training for private individuals. We have provided training in Falmouth, Truro, Redruth, St Austell, Newquay and Bodmin. We cover all areas of Cornwall and come to you for the training.
In terms of routes we take for the training, we regularly use the A30 as this spans the county of Cornwall, along with other A-roads, and plenty of B-roads too. If you are looking for motorway training and are located in Cornwall, we would recommend a full day, where we would head on out to the M5 in Devon.
During a session we typically look at:
- Observation and awareness of the driving environment
- Becoming more speed aware
- Developing an improved attitude towards motoring
- How to become a more skilful driver on all types of roads
- Car control (looking at gears, steering, use of signals)
- Motoring law
- Coping and defusing with road rage
- Manoeuvres and driving in restricted areas
- Coping with bad weather
- Driving in busy urban environments
- Learning why skids happen and how to control skid
- Learning how to save fuel through economical motoring
- Learning to see and not just look when driving
- Learning how to better anticipate the actions of other road users
The personal benefits of our advanced and defensive driver training:
- Increase your levels of skill and overall confidence
- Remove any risky driving characteristics
- Consider issues that may be specific to your driving
- Increase car control on all types of roads
- Reduce wear and tear on your car
- Improve your MPG – get more miles from your car
Looking for fleet driver training? Driver training for business clients offers a range of benefits, that include:
- Taking control of your occupational road risk
- Demonstrate your Duty of Care
- Qualify for possibly reduced fleet insurance costs
- Show your drivers you care
- Help drivers who may be having specific issues with their driving
- Save on fleet fuel costs – advanced trained drivers can reduce their fuel costs by 20% or more
Talk to us:
Please contact us for a quote, or to receive more information on our courses and get a better understanding of how we can help you. You can contact us by email or phone. All email enquiries are replied to within 1hr during working hours. If you are ready to book, you can also book and pay for a course online at www.advanced-driving.co.uk/book