We provide advanced driving courses in most areas of Scotland. Glasgow is a very popular area for us due to it’s central location. Most companies and private individuals who undertake driver training do so either in Glasgow, or Edinburgh.
Training starting from Glasgow is ideal as we have quick access to the M77 and M74 for motorway driver training, along with convenient access to a range of rural roads like the A809, with a north route towards places such as Drymen.
We also often take a rural route towards Edinburgh, which has a range of challenging roads, where various advanced driving techniques can be introduced and practised.
Our advanced driving courses are mainly designed to cover as wide a range of roads as possible, unless you are doing a specific course, such as motorway driver training. We cover urban driving, motorway driving and rural driving on a typical session, which is designed to get the most from each driver. By having a wide range of roads means you get the best training possible.
During our driver training in Glasgow we cover a wide range of elements, including:
- Advanced observation
- Speed control and limit awareness
- Creating a positive driver
- How to adapt your driving for safety on all types of roads
- How rules of the road can be applied and easily understood
- Dealing with stress and how to defuse potential road rage situations
- Manoeuvres, parking and driving in restricted spaces
- Driving in poor weather
- How to become a defensive driver in urban traffic
- What is a skid, types of skids and how defensive driving can reduce them from happening
- Learning eco-safe driving
- How to better read and understand the actions and potential actions of other road users
Personal benefits of taking advanced and defensive driver training with us:
- Increase your levels of confidence
- Identify and remove any bad habits
- Look at issues that may be specific to you
- Increase your car control on all road types
- Reduce wear on your car
- Improve your MPG – get more miles from your tank
Benefits of advanced driver training for a business perspective. If you are considering driver training for your fleet, there are a number of advantages:
- Reduce the collision rate among your drivers
- Save up to 20% on fuel costs
- Save on fleet insurance bills
- Show your employees you are dedicated to a safer working environment
- Allow your employees to enjoy a higher level of driver skill in works vehicles
Whilst we have tried to outline our courses as much as possible, you may have more questions. Please email or call us and a member of our team will be delighted to help you. We always aim to respond to all email enquires within 1 hour during working hours. If you are ready to book a course for between 1 and 4 drivers, you can do this online for both business and private customers. Please go to www.advanced-driving.co.uk/book/