Edinburgh is one of our most popular locations for advanced/defensive driver training. Due to the challenging roads that make up a vast proportion of Scottish roads, advanced driver training for private and business customers is often a higher priority than in most other areas.
Edinburgh is in a good location for training as we have easy access to the M8 and M9 motorways for a motorway training element, and also many rural roads to the north and south of the capital.
All driver training is bespoke to your exact needs – for both business and private clients.
For urban driver training, which being a large city is always popular, can be completed in areas such as Blackhall, Morningside and Newington – but this is very dependent on traffic and the time of the day for the training.
Edinburgh is taking safety in the city centre seriously, since the introduction of the 20mph limit in many of its urban areas, there has been a 24% reduction in road casualties.
During our driver training in Edinburgh, we cover a wide range of elements, including:
- Creating improved powers of observation and anticipation
- Being more aware of speed limits and controlling speed
- Looking at ways to change negative attitudes to driving
- Create a safer way of driving on motorways, town and rural roads
- Identifying and educating drivers about various rules of the road
- How to identify and defuse road rage
- Manoeuvres, parking and driving in tight spaces
- Driving in challenging weather such as rain, snow and ice
- Understanding the dangers of urban driving and being aware of vulnerable road users
- Learning the difference between under, and oversteer, and how to reduce the chances of a skid occurring
- Learning to drive in a more environmentally friendly way
- How to anticipate the actions and potential actions of other motorists
Why take training with us? (Personal advantages)
- Boost your levels of driving confidence
- Single out and remove any bad habits
- Face up to issues that may be impacting your driving
- Improve all elements of car and van control
- Reduce wear on your vehicle
- Learn how to get more miles from your tank
Benefits of advanced driver training from a business perspective. If you are considering driver training for your fleet, there are a number of advantages:
- Reduce the collision rate among your drivers
- Save up to 20% on fuel costs
- Save on fleet insurance bills
- Show your employees you are dedicated to a safer working environment
- Allow your employees to enjoy a higher level of driver skill in works vehicles
Whilst we have tried to outline our courses as much as possible, you may have more questions. Please email or call us and a member of our team will be delighted to help you. We always aim to respond to all email enquiries within 1 hour during working hours. If you are ready to book a course for between 1 and 4 drivers, you can do this online for both business and private customers. Please go to www.advanced-driving.co.uk/book/