Our advanced driving courses are designed for both private individuals and corporate clients. We cover all of the UK with our significant network of Driver & Vehicle Standards Agency registered fleet/advanced driving instructors. Norwich and the surrounding areas are where we have already delivered driver training for a wide range of clients. In Norfolk alone, we have provided driver training in Norwich, Great Yarmouth, Cromer, Kings Lynn and Thetford. We can cover all areas of Norfolk and come to you for the training, which takes place in your own vehicle or vehicles.
Norfolk, like a lot of counties in the UK, has a huge expanse of rural roads. Rural roads are of specific interest to us, as they are generally considered the most dangerous in the UK. This is due to the challenging nature of them, combined with the relatively high speed and close proximity of oncoming traffic. During an advanced driving course, whether that be for a private individual or for a group of company car or van drivers, we take the time to ensure rural roads are covered in detail. In Norfolk, we use a wide range of B -roads and also A roads as part of the rural road training, including the A11, A47 and A140, as they have many junctions leading off onto rural roads where we like to deliver the training, to make safer, more skilful drivers.
There are no motorways in Norfolk, so for any motorway training, we will head southwest towards the M11 or the A1 ( M ). With urban driver training, which is also important in a comprehensive advanced driving course, we will head into areas such as Norwich, usually into the centre or into more residential areas such as Taverham. During urban training, we help drivers manage their speed in lower limits, and also make them aware of vulnerable road users, and pedestrians, and the threat a car or van poses in these environments.
Remember – All our driving courses are bespoke to your own needs. For both business and private clients.
During an advanced driving course in Norfolk we typically look at:
- Observation and awareness of the driving environment
- Becoming more speed aware
- Developing an improved attitude towards motoring
- How to become a more skilful driver on all types of roads
- Car control (looking at gears, steering, use of signals)
- Motoring law
- Coping and defusing with road rage
- Manoeuvres and driving in restricted areas
- Coping with bad weather
- Driving in busy urban environments
- Learning why skids happen and how to control skid
- Learning how to save fuel through economical motoring
- Learning to see and not just look when driving
- Learning how to better anticipate the actions of other road users
The personal benefits of our advanced and defensive driver training:
- Increase your levels of skill and overall confidence
- Remove any risky driving characteristics
- Consider issues that may be specific to your driving
- Increase car control on all types of roads
- Reduce wear and tear on your car
- Improve your MPG – get more miles from your car
If you are looking at an advanced driving course as part of a fleet driver training plan, the advantages to training cover:
- Increase driver safety in your fleet
- Demonstrate Duty of Care
- Possibly reduce your fleet insurance costs
- Boost morale among your drivers
- Provide increased skill and confidence for your drivers
- Reduce your fleet fuel costs
Get in Touch:
You can book a course online at www.advanced-driving.co.uk/book/ or please call us or send us an email. We try to reply to all emails within 1 hour during working hours. Whether you are looking for a quote, based on a large number of drivers, or simply have a few queries, (private and business customers) our team are here to assist.