We provide advanced driving courses all across the UK including all areas of Surrey. Our courses in Surrey are bespoke to the needs of the driver, whether that be a private individual looking for a half-day session, or a company looking to train 30+ drivers.
Surrey has a varied and extensive network of roads to allow for a great learning experience. With our advanced driving courses, we try and provide training on as many roads as possible.
In Surrey, we have close access to the M25 for motorway training, which usually forms a key part of an advanced course. The A3 is good for training on dual carriageways, which runs from Farnham in the west to Chessington in the northeast of the county.
Remember – Each driving course is totally bespoke to your own specific needs and requirements. This applies to both our business and private client courses.
There are some great rural roads, mostly A and B roads in Surrey that provide a good place to learn more advanced car and van control techniques, to make a driver both safer, and more skilful. We look at things like the limit point (great on rural roads) and IPSGA (Information, Position, Speed, Gears, Accelerate) which is a systemic way of dealing with hazards on the road.
During a session we typically look at:
- Forward planning and observation
- Speed awareness
- Developing a positive attitude towards safer driving
- How to become a safer driver on all roads
- Car or van control (gears, steering, foot controls, signals)
- Rules of the road
- Dealing with road rage
- Reversing and manoeuvres
- Dealing with adverse weather
- Town and urban defensive driving
- Driving in heavy traffic and allowing adequate space
- Skid control theory and learning what causes skids
- Eco-safe driving (effective use of speed, gears, planning)
- Anticipation – Learning to see and not just look
- Understanding other road users and their intentions
If you are looking at advanced/defensive driver training as part of a fleet driver training plan, the advantages include:
- Increase safety in your fleet
- Demonstrate your Duty of Care
- Potentially lower your fleet insurance costs
- Boost morale among your drivers
- Provide added skill and confidence for your employees
- Lower your fleet fuel costs
Why take training with us? (Personal advantages)
- Boost your levels of driving confidence
- Single out and remove any bad habits
- Face up to issues that may be impacting your driving
- Improve all elements of car and van control
- Reduce wear on your vehicle
- Learn how to get more miles from your tank
Talk With Us:
Whilst we have tried to outline our courses as much as possible, you may have more questions. Please email or call us and a member of our team will be delighted to help you. We always aim to respond to all email enquiries within 1 hour during working hours. If you are ready to book a course for between 1 and 4 drivers, you can do this online for both business and private customers. Please go to www.advanced-driving.co.uk/book/