Aberdeen is one of the locations in Scotland that we provide advanced driving courses for private individuals and also business clients, who require training in cars, vans and HGVs. We have already provided training for a number of companies located in Aberdeen, who are often involved in heavy manufacturing, construction, oil, fishing and similar. The weather in Aberdeen, like with most areas of Scotland can be extreme in the winter, and the nature of the roads around the city and into more rural Aberdeenshire are challenging. These two reasons alone are why we see more companies and private customers in Scotland investing in advanced driver training compared to the rest of the UK.
Remember – All our courses are bespoke to your own needs. For both business and private clients.
With our advanced driving courses in Aberdeen, we place a large focus on driving on rural roads. We often head out of Aberdeen on the A96 towards Huntly or sometimes south on the A90 towards Dundee area, or north, again on the A90 towards Peterhead. Where possible to like to head off the main roads onto more challenging rural B roads to ensure a driver gets exposed to a wider range of roads as possible.
Motorway training is not usually done if the course is starting from Aberdeen, although if we do cover motorways we head towards Edinburgh and use the M90 or M8, which is usually only possible on a full-day course at least.
During our advanced driver training in Aberdeen, we cover many elements, including:
- Looking at a drivers own specific day to day driving, and driving history to make a bespoke training plan
- Speed awareness and planning
- Creating a safe mindset for safer motoring
- Changing your driving style on different of road types
- Motoring law and regulations
- Coping with stress when driving a car or van
- Driving in poor weather (such as rain, snow, ice)
- Learn how to manage pedestrians and cyclists in the city – not getting too close!
- Under, oversteer and the four-wheel drift – learning to identify them and removing the cause
- Learn how to visit the petrol station less! Driving in an economical way
- Get a better insight into what the driver in front is about to do!
The personal advantages of our advanced driver training can include:
- Increase your levels of skill and overall confidence
- Remove any at-risk or even dangerous driving styles
- Consider issues that may be specific to your own driving style
- Become a better driver on all roads, from rural to motorways to busy city environments
- Reduce wear on your car
- Improve your MPG, up to 20%, which is common for advanced drivers
If you have been tasked with arranging an advanced driving course for your drivers in your company, there are a number of key advantages to become aware of, which cover:
- Lowering the collision rate among your employees who drive for work
- Save up to 20% on fuel costs – advanced training can really help a driver to become more fuel-efficient
- Lower fleet insurance premiums
- Demonstrate your commitment towards a safer working environment
To learn how we can help you – whether you are a private individual or a potential business client. Our team will be able to help you with any further questions you may have or to look at possible dates we have for training.
You can book online at www.advanced-driving.co.uk/book/ where you can arrange a course for up to 4 drivers.
For more than 4 drivers please contact us.