We provide advanced driving courses all over Yorkshire, including East Yorkshire. Our courses are designed for both business clients and private individuals. For business clients, we can offer a range of courses, from a training session for an individual, who may need a one-off training session or a comprehensive course for all of your company car or van drivers.
For private individuals, we can offer courses that include refresher courses, confidence courses and general advanced driver training. In East Yorkshire, we have already helped clients in Bridlington, Hull, Market Weighton and Stamford Bridge. We cover all of East Yorkshire – and the UK.
Remember – All our on-road driving courses are tailored to your exact requirements. For both business and private clients.
With our advanced driving courses, we try and cover as many roads as possible. The only motorway in East Yorkshire is the M62, located in the southwest of the county. For motorway training, which forms a key part of a course, we tend to head out towards Leeds on the M62, or Scunthorpe on the M180. For rural roads, the county has a good selection of A and B roads, where we can introduce and practice various advanced driving techniques, all delivered in an interesting and easy to learn way.
Town and urban driving is also covered during our courses, where we move into built-up areas such as Hull or similar to help drivers manage their speed in restricted areas (20 and 30mph), safely deal with pedestrians and vulnerable road users, such as cyclists, and generally become more observant and aware of what is going on around them. The skills you need for driving on a rural road, are different to those you need in an urban environment. However, observation and planning are critical on all roads. Our training is based around getting the most from a driver, based on their own unique skills, needs and abilities.
During our advanced/defensive training we try and cover a wide range of things, including:
- Creating increased powers of anticipation and planning
- Being aware of speed limits and controlling your speed
- Improving a driver’s overall attitude to driving on UK roads
- Safer driving on motorways, rural roads and in the town
- Educating drivers about rules of the road
- Better understanding the reasons for road rage
- Driving in dangerous weather
- Risks linked to urban driving and being aware of at-risk road users
- Learning the difference between different skids
- Learning to drive in a more economical way
- How to anticipate the actions of other motorists
The personal benefits of our advanced and defensive driver training:
- Increase your levels of skill and overall confidence
- Remove any risky driving characteristics
- Consider issues that may be specific to your driving
- Increase car control on all types of roads
- Reduce wear and tear on your car
- Improve your MPG – get more miles from your car
Looking for fleet driver training? Driver training for business clients offers a range of benefits, that include:
- Taking control of your occupational road risk
- Demonstrate your Duty of Care
- Qualify for possibly reduced fleet insurance costs
- Show your drivers you care
- Help drivers who may be having specific issues with their driving
- Save on fleet fuel costs – advanced trained drivers can reduce their fuel costs by 20% or more
Please contact us for a quote, or to receive more information on our courses and get a better understanding of how we can help you. You can contact us by email or phone. All email enquiries are replied to within 1hr during working hours.
If you are ready to book, you can also book and pay for a course online at www.advanced-driving.co.uk/book