Oxfordshire is a popular location for us for advanced and defensive driver training, in cars, vans and HGVs. It has a huge expanse of rural roads, which forms are a key part of our driver training. Also, the M40 is a centrally located motorway in the county, which is ideal for our motorway training element (if needed), as is the M4 if you are located more towards South Oxfordshire. We provide driver training in all the main towns and cities in the county, such as Oxford, Abingdon, Banbury, Witney etc.
Remember – Each driving course is totally bespoke to your own specific needs and requirements. This applies to both our business and private client courses.
As we have full UK coverage we can come to any part of Oxfordshire for the training, not just the key locations, whether you are a business customer or a private individual.
During the training we can often cover a lot of mileage, usually heading out of the county over to the west into Gloucestershire, east towards Aylesbury on the A41 or A418, or south towards Newbury on the busy A34. This is mainly based on what you want from the session, and if you opt for a full or half-day session.
During our driver training in Oxfordshire, we cover a wide range of elements, including:
- Advanced observation
- Speed control and limit awareness
- Creating a positive driver
- How to adapt your driving for safety on all types of roads
- How rules of the road can be applied and easily understood
- Dealing with stress and how to defuse potential road rage situations
- Manoeuvres, parking and driving in restricted spaces
- Driving in poor weather
- How to become a defensive driver in urban traffic
- What is a skid, types of skids and how defensive driving can reduce them from happening
- Learning eco-safe driving
- How to better read and understand the actions and potential actions of other road users
Personal benefits of taking advanced and defensive driver training with us:
- Increase your levels of confidence
- Identify and remove any bad habits
- Look at issues that may be specific to you
- Increase your car control on all road types
- Reduce wear on your car
- Improve your MPG – get more miles from your tank
If you are looking at advanced/defensive driver training as part of a fleet driver training plan, the advantages include:
- Increase safety in your fleet
- Demonstrate your Duty of Care
- Potentially lower your fleet insurance costs
- Boost morale among your drivers
- Provide added skill and confidence for your employees
- Lower your fleet fuel costs
You can book a course online at www.advanced-driving.co.uk/book/ or please call us or send us an email. We aim to reply to all emails within 1 hour during working hours. Whether you are looking for a quote, based on a large number of drivers, or simply have a few questions, (private and business customers) our team are here to help you.