We offer advanced driving courses in Southampton, Hampshire for drivers of all levels and experience, whether that be for a private individual or a company, looking at training 100+ drivers. As are a nationally based business, and are able to provide training across all of the UK, and in all areas in and around Southampton. We have already helped many businesses and private individuals in Southampton become safer, more skilful drivers.
Routes for training in and around Southampton do vary, although typically for rural road training we often head into the New Forrest National Park on the A31, where we often divert onto more rural B roads. We also head east towards South Downs National Park. Hampshire has many great locations we can provide training.
Remember – All our courses are bespoke to your own needs. For both business and private clients.
For motorway training, which either forms part or all of a course, we use the M27, A3 (M) or M3, depending on your location.
For urban driver training, if that’s to be covered on a course, we focus on busy roads in and around Southampton to help drivers become more aware of vulnerable road users, such as cyclists and help them become safer and more controlled on lower speed limit roads.
On our advanced courses, we cover a range of elements, bespoke to the needs of the driver. Below are the common things we look at:
- Looking at a drivers own specific day to day driving, and driving history to make a bespoke training plan
- Looking ahead and developing powers of observation
- Increasing focus on speed and excessive speed
- Modifying attitude towards a safer, more proactive way to drive
- Learning the System of Car Control
- How to avoid road rage situations
- Manoeuvres, reversing, driving in confined spaces
- Driving safety on the motorway and dual carriageways
- Becoming a safer urban driver – identifying and dealing with pedestrians and cyclists
- Learn how to drive in a more environmentally friendly way
- How to boost driving confidence
- Identifying high-risk driving – such as at night, driving tired or when stressed
The personal benefits of taking advanced driver training with Drivers Domain UK:
- Improve your driving ability and general confidence
- Remove poor driving habits
- Deal with problems specific to your driving which you may or may not be aware of
- Improve your car control – developing your skills and safety levels on all roads
- Reduce car running costs – an advanced driver will use less fuel, get more miles from the tyres etc.
As a fleet manager or someone tasked with finding a driver training provider for your staff, there are a number of advantages from a commercial perspective, that investing in driver training can bring:
- Produce a safer more conscientious fleet of drivers
- Demonstrate your Duty of Care
- Possibly reduce your fleet insurance bills and premiums
- Boost morale among your workforce
- Reduce your fleet petrol/diesel costs
Please contact us for a quote, or to receive more information on our courses and get a better understanding of how we can help you. You can contact us by email or phone. All email enquiries are replied to within 1hr during working hours. If you are ready to book, you can also book and pay for a course online at www.advanced-driving.co.uk/book