Hampshire is a busy area for us for advanced driver training. We have helped a range of business clients and also private individuals in the county to become safer drivers. The county of Hampshire is large and has a wide network of roads, which is ideal for driver training. We have the M3 and M27 for motorway driver training, which can easily be accessed from all parts of the county, we also have the A31 and A303 to name two A roads, which again are very popular for training, along with many thousands of miles of B roads to introduce and practice advanced driving techniques, suitable for the driver we are training at the time.
Remember – All our on-road driving courses are tailored to your exact requirements. For both business and private clients.
On our advanced driving courses, we do try and cover as many roads as possible unless you are doing a specific course such as a motorway confidence session. By providing training on a wide range of roads means we get to introduce you to a large number of advanced and defensive techniques in different situations and road types. We cover all areas of Hampshire and to date have provided training in Southampton, Basingstoke, Winchester, Andover, Eastleigh, Liphook and Farnborough.
Depending on where you are in the county we often head out into other areas, such as northbound to Berkshire, which is great for motorway training on the M4. For even more rural roads we often head west into Wiltshire or east into Sussex. Urban driver training can take place in Hampshires various towns and cities, where we focus on safer driving in built-up areas, dealing with vulnerable road users, learning to identify bus and taxi lanes, and the associated restriction signs.
During our advanced/defensive training we try and cover a wide range of things, including:
- Creating increased powers of anticipation and planning
- Being aware of speed limits and controlling your speed
- Improving a driver’s overall attitude to driving on UK roads
- Safer driving on motorways, rural roads and in the town
- Educating drivers about rules of the road
- Better understanding the reasons for road rage
- Driving in dangerous weather
- Risks linked to urban driving and being aware of at-risk road users
- Learning the difference between different skids
- Learning to drive in a more economical way
- How to anticipate the actions of other motorists
Benefits of advanced driver training (personal):
- Improve driver ability and confidence
- Remove bad habits
- Address problems specific to your driving
- Improve your car control
- Reduce wear on your vehicle
Looking for fleet driver training? Driver training for business clients offers a range of benefits, that include:
- Taking control of your occupational road risk
- Demonstrate your Duty of Care
- Qualify for possibly reduced fleet insurance costs
- Show your drivers you care
- Help drivers who may be having specific issues with their driving
- Save on fleet fuel costs – advanced trained drivers can reduce their fuel costs by 20% or more
Whilst we have tried to detail our driving courses as much as possible, you may have more questions you would like answering. Please email or call us and one of our team will be delighted to assist. We always aim to respond to all email enquiries within 1 hour during office hours. If you are ready to book a course for between 1 and 4 drivers, you can do this online for both business and private customers. Please go to www.advanced-driving.co.uk/book/