High Wycombe in Buckinghamshire is an ideal location for our advanced driving courses, as it is close to a wide range of roads. The M40, which runs just to the south of the town allows us to quickly and easily provide motorway training, which forms one of a number of bases we cover with our courses.
We also look at rural road driver training, to help make a driver safer, and more skilled on these higher risk roads. We often head north towards Milton Keynes, or west towards Swindon for rural road training, as both these routes have a good range of rural roads to hand, where to can focus on developing a driver and teach things like the limit point, system of car control and commentary driving. There are other areas of Buckinghamshire we also like to provide training in.
Remember – All our driving courses are bespoke to your own needs. For both business and private clients.
For urban driver training, we head into High Wycombe to help drivers with managing speed in urban areas, and to help improve their speed awareness and appreciation of higher risk road users found more in towns, like cyclists.
During our advanced/defensive training in High Wycombe, we try and cover a wide range of things, including:
- Creating increased powers of anticipation and planning
- Being aware of speed limits and controlling your speed
- Improving a driver’s overall attitude to driving on UK roads
- Safer driving on motorways, rural roads and in the town
- Educating drivers about rules of the road
- Better understanding the reasons for road rage
- Driving in dangerous weather
- Risks linked to urban driving and being aware of at-risk road users
- Learning the difference between different skids
- Learning to drive in a more economical way
- How to anticipate the actions of other motorists
Benefits of advanced driver training (personal):
- Improve driver ability and confidence
- Remove bad habits
- Address problems specific to your driving
- Improve your car control
- Reduce wear on your vehicle
If you are looking at an advanced driving course as part of a fleet driver training plan, the advantages to training cover:
- Increase driver safety in your fleet
- Demonstrate Duty of Care
- Possibly reduce your fleet insurance costs
- Boost morale among your drivers
- Provide increased skill and confidence for your drivers
- Reduce your fleet fuel costs
Get in Touch:
Whilst we have tried to detail our driving courses as much as possible, you may have more questions you would like to be answered. Please email or call us and one of our team will be delighted to assist. We always aim to respond to all email enquiries within 1 hour during office hours. If you are ready to book a course for between 1 and 4 drivers, you can do this online for both business and private customers. Please go to www.advanced-driving.co.uk/book/