Somerset has many thousands of miles of roads where we can provide advanced driver training. From rural roads to urban routes and motorways – all these roads are used when we are training clients, whether that be a private client or a large training schedule for 100+ company car drivers. We have already provided advanced driver training for clients in Taunton, Weston-super-mare, Glastonbury, Wells, Minehead, Frome and Bridgwater. We have full UK coverage and come to you for the training, anywhere in the county or country!
All courses are bespoke to the needs of the driver, and so we can create a bespoke course based on you and your needs.
For motorway training in Somerset, we use the M5, sometimes we will head north and use the M4 into South Wales or east towards Newbury. For rural road training, which is always very popular during our courses due to their challenging nature, we use a wide range of roads including the A39, A358 and A361 plus many more. The exact roads depend on your location in Somerset. We also use a lot of B roads too, again which are very good when training a driver.
Remember – All our courses are bespoke to your own needs. For both business and private clients.
On our advanced courses, we cover a range of elements, bespoke to the needs of the driver. Below are the common things we look at:
- Looking at a drivers own specific day to day driving, and driving history to make a bespoke training plan
- Looking ahead and developing powers of observation
- Increasing focus on speed and excessive speed
- Modifying attitude towards a safer, more proactive way to drive
- Learning the System of Car Control
- How to avoid road rage situations
- Manoeuvres, reversing, driving in confined spaces
- Driving safety on the motorway and dual carriageways
- Becoming a safer urban driver – identifying and dealing with pedestrians and cyclists
- Learn how to drive in a more environmentally friendly way
- How to boost driving confidence
- Identifying high-risk driving – such as at night, driving tired or when stressed
We have a number of course options designed to cater for drivers of all levels and experience:
- 1 x 3.5hr session – Ideal for a spring clean of ones driving, or if you are training a number of drivers back to back
- 2 x 3.5hr sessions – Ideal for those that want more in-depth training but want this over two sessions
- 1 x 7hr session – For those that want an intensive single session. Ideal for businesses with one driver who needs specific help or someone who would have a course compacted into one day
- 3,4 or 5 x 3.5hr sessions – Designed for those that want the most detailed one to one training possible, which can be taken at intervals convenient to them
Deciding to use us for your driver training needs, comes with a number of advantages that include:
- One to one driver training
- Full UK coverage
- We only use DVSA registered fleet/advanced driving instructors
- You have a personal account manager to arrange your courses and look after you before, during and after a course
- All training is bespoke to the driver’s needs and requirements
- Full reporting for each driver, which measurers their driving before and after the training
Talk with us:
If you are ready to book, you can book and pay for a course online at www.advanced-driving.co.uk/book – if you are not ready to book or have more than 4 drivers, please get in touch with us. A member of our team will be delighted to help.