Important – Please read our Coronavirus Company Charter – and learn how we are keeping our tutors and clients safe, during these difficult times. Read Now
We offer bespoke motorway driving courses for motorists who wish to improve their level of skill and safety on these busy roads. We already help people from a range of backgrounds and driving experiences, including:
1. Newly Qualified Drivers – Those who have recently passed their driving test, and have never driven a car alone on a motorway, and want expert tuition. More info on this course
2. Motorway Anxiety – Drivers who have a specific anxiety of using a motorway, which they want to overcome. More info on this course
3. Post Motorway Collision/RTC – Motorists who have been involved in a road traffic collision (either on or off a motorway). More info on this course
4. Need To Use Motorways – Those who need to use the motorway more, and want to ensure their skills are up to the challenge
Your Motorway Anxiety:
Motorway anxiety is much more common than most think. Despite them being the safest of all UK roads, the speed, congestion and often complex junctions leave many dreading the thought of driving on them. This is why we have designed our bespoke motorway course, designed for drivers who want to regain their freedom and take control of motorway driving, once and for all.
Our motorway courses are similar to our very popular nationwide advanced driving courses. The first thing we do on all our motorway courses is to listen to you, discuss your anxieties, talk about things you’re ok with, and also things, which really concern you about motorway driving. Listening means we can much better bespoke the training to your own specific needs. During a course this is what we typically cover, although it does often vary from driver to driver:
1. How to safely enter and exit a motorway
2. Keeping a safe distance from other motorway users
3. Dealing with adverse weather (rain and wind mainly) on a motorway
4. How to cope with and defuse road rage on motorways
5. Learning to safely manage speed on motorways
6. How to remain alert on a long journey
7. How to recognise driver fatigue
8. Anticipate the actions and intentions of other motorway users
9. Rules and motorway signals
10. What to do in the event of a breakdown on a motorway
11. Observation and advanced planning
Our motorway driving courses are delivered by DVSA (Driver & Vehicle Standards Agency) registered advanced driving instructors, who all have an extensive level of experience in delivering driver training to full licence holders.
1. We have over 200 tutors all over the UK
2. We come to you for the training
3. All training takes place in your own car or van
4. A tutor vehicle can be supplied for an additional cost if needed
5. A full report is produced for each driver taking the course
Our courses do vary in structure, although prices are based on duration.
3.5hr session for £300.00
7hr session for £420.00
2 x 3.5hr sessions for £480.00
3 x 3.5hr sessions for £612.00
4 x 3.5hr sessions for £756.00
5 x 3.5hr sessions for £900.00
Enjoy 12 Months FREE Concierge Service – When you take a course with us, you also enjoy a 1-year free membership with our Drivers Concierge service, providing a personalised, one-to-one helping hand for a range of motoring and driving assistance that you may need.
You can book online at www.advanced-driving.co.uk/book/ selecting any full or half-day option, but in the notes section, mention it’s a motorway course and more details about what you want from the course.
You can book online. But should you feel this motorway driving course is for you, but have a few questions, please email us using the contact form on the upper right of this page, for a speedy response. You can also call us. We are able to arrange a course with around 2 weeks notice usually.
On the Day:
Each course is bespoke to the needs of you, the driver, and so no two courses are the same. However, in a typical session, we will start the day with an informal chat about your experience, and your reason for the training. This enables us to get a better idea of you as a driver and allows you to relax.
There will be an initial drive where you will drive without any coaching from the tutor. This allows the tutor to assess your current strengths and weaknesses. A short debrief takes place before the training begins. If you have not driven on a motorway, or are specifically anxious about motorways, we will not ask you to drive unaided on the motorway from the very start. Here we tend to build up to motorway driving.