We offer a bespoke advanced/defensive driving courses specially designed for younger drivers, across the UK.
These courses follow the same format at our general advanced/defensive driving course, but have a specific focus on helping drivers that have been driving for less than 12 months.
We come to you for the training, which takes place in a drivers own car. If needed we can supply a car, subject to location.
This Course Is Ideal For:
* Drivers with less than 12 months experience (or who have more than 12 months, but not driven much)
* New drivers who have maybe already had a near-miss or collision, and want to use this as a point to become safer drivers
* New drivers who are showing either too much confidence, or a lack of confidence in one or a number of areas of driving
* New drivers who have not experienced any issues – but who want to fast track their way to safer motoring
Around 95% of people booking this course are parents, who want to help their son or daughter be safer on the roads.
This course is bespoke to a drivers own needs and during this course we typically focus on:
* Forward planning and observation
* Developing a driving plan based on observations
* Developing a positive attitude to driving
* Knowing the implications of inexperience and consequences of excessive speed
* How handheld devices and other distractions can impact on a driver
* Introducing new driving techniques such as The Limit Point (on twisty rural roads)
* How to create an enquiring drivers mind – asking “what if”
* Motorway training and tips of dealing with faster moving traffic (essential if never been on a motorway)
* Ironing out the first signs of bad habits, which over time could become deeply engrained issues
* Providing hints and tips on how to deal with new situations they may not have come across yet
* Safety checks a driver should perform on a car (POWDERY)
* Hint and tips on how to perform manoeuvres, and the safety elements required to safe moving
* How all the above can be used to fast track their experience and increase their level of skill and safety
After The Training:
After the training you will receive a full driving report, which will outline the driving standard before and after the training. We measure a driver in 20+ key areas and score them either excellent, very good, good, adequate or poor. We do this at the start and the end, so you can see the improvement and in what areas. There will also be notes from the tutor too.
This report (and course) will be completed by a professional DVSA (Driver & Vehicle Standards Agency) registered advanced driving instructor. The tutors DVSA registration number will be recorded on this report.
If you wish to book, you can do so quickly and conveniently online at www.advanced-driving.co.uk/book/ after booking a member of our team will be in touch within 2 hours during working hours. We will then speak to one of our tutors nearest to your location – with regards to dates and the specific type of things you want to focus on (such as motorway training, speed awareness etc). Once a date has been arranged, our tutor will call to introduce themselves and confirm all. The course will then take place on the given date or dates. We have a range of courses:
Our courses do vary in structure, although prices are based on duration, with prices starting from £264.00. We can also supply this course as a gift voucher, which is valid for 12 months. Read more about our gift vouchers.
3.5hr session – £264.00
7hr session – £384.00
2 x 3.5hr sessions – £420.00
3 x 3.5hr sessions – £576.00
4 x 3.5hr sessions – £720.00
5 x 3.5hr sessions – £850.00
If you have any more questions please contact us using the web form on the upper right on via phone, found on our contact form.