We provide advanced driving courses in Cambridge, Cambridgeshire and all of the UK. Our advanced driving courses in Cambridge do cover a wide range of roads. Cambridge is known to be one of the most congested cities in the UK, which is mainly down to a poorly designed road network, which can’t really cope with todays traffic levels – as is the case with any older towns and cities.
The A14 is a popular location for us to provide at least some part of an advanced driving course in the Cambridge area, as is the M11 for the motorway training element. Cambridge has a very high level of cyclists, so during urban driver training we will help a driver become more aware of these at-risk road users, through forward planning and improved mirror use – key elements of advanced driving. We also provide training on many rural routes in and around Cambridge and Cambridgeshire.
During our advanced training in Cambridge and Cambridgeshire we cover a wide range of things, bespoke to the needs of each driver:
- Looking at a drivers own specific driving style, mileage, types of roads and driving history, to make a bespoke training plan
- Creating increased powers of anticipation and planning
- Being aware of speed limits and controlling speed
- Improving a drivers attitude
- Improved driving on motorways,
- Increased skills on rural roads
- Dealing with driving in the town, with cyclists and pedestrians
- Better understanding the reasons for road rage
- Driving in dangerous weather such as ice, snow, fog, rain, poor visibility
- Save money at the pumps! An advanced driving style can save 20% on your fuel bills
- How to better anticipate the actions of other drivers – to help prevent things from “just suddenly happening” !
Why take advanced driver training with us? (Personal benefits)
- Further enhance your levels of driving skill and confidence
- Feel generally happier about driving
- Have the knowledge you have completed training with a registered DVSA advanced driving instructor
- Single out and remove any bad driving habits
- Look at specific issues that may be impacting on your driving
- Improve all aspects of car control
- Learn how to get more miles from your tank – 20% improvement is not uncommon!
If you are looking for fleet driver training for your team, the benefits of our training cover:
- Taking charge of your occupational road risk
- Demonstrate your Duty of Care towards staff
- Save money on your fleet insurance premiums
- Identify and effectively manage drivers who are having issues with their driving
- Reduce your overall car/van fuel bills, sometimes by up to 20%
You may have more questions about our courses, so please get in touch. We reply to emails within 1hr during working hours. Our team can also help look at dates for training or to send you more information on our courses, and if needed, an example of one of our post course driving reports .
You can also book online quickly and conveniently if you are looking to train between 1 and 4 drivers, for both private and business clients at – www.advanced-driving.co.uk/book/